Monday, June 9, 2008

weekend update

I didn't finish my apron in time for Friday night's dinner preparation but after working Saturday evening I burned the midnight oil and managed to finish it. It's stinkin' cute! The ties are extra long according to the pattern so I have plenty to go around me and tie in front. I still need to add two buttons as accents for both pocket and apron neck flaps but that's minor.

While at Hellmart I picked up fabric for my second apron project. I managed to cut out most all the pieces required Sunday afternoon. I can't wait, it's going to be so cute and funky!

I don't get in much of a hurry when sewing. I've learned patience gets me farther with less mistakes. Not that I'm all about having it perfect, far from it. But the less I use my seam ripper the better.

Right before vacation I decided to focus on doing more creative things. Whether it's needlework, yarn work, sewing, painting, decorating, daydreaming & sketching, paper crafting... I just felt I needed to get more accomplished, not as in production, but rather as in just spending more time crafting vs watching tv. I feel better when I'm creating, inside and out, more whole.

I'm helping my coworker reset her dept which is Needlework and Saturday evening I was in the book section. I finished it by the way but I noticed this really cute book "Modern Country Primitives" for embroidery. I don't embroider... but I so would make one of the projects in that book! They are THAT cute. Dare I take up another hobby? I have most everything already for it though as I cross stitch. So what all do I do anyways? Let me make a list. I love lists.

  1. Scrapbooking
  2. Rubberstamping
  3. Floral crafting
  4. General crafting
  5. Sewing
  6. Cake decorating
  7. Painting/DIY
  8. Crochet
  9. Knitting
  10. Counted cross stitch
  11. Latch hook rug making
  12. Reading
  13. Gourmet cooking
  14. SCA
  15. Blogging (that counts right?)

I'm sure I've missed something and while I don't do each of these every week I do cycle thru them during the course of the year. And I have several projects in the works, such as my latch hook rug and a cross stitch picture both for Christmas decorating.

I like seeing my list too.

No comments: