Monday, June 23, 2008

From the stash

I keep things for who knows what reasons and this just happens to be one of the little outdated crafty things I found during a recent rooting session up in my attic. Maybe I thought country blue and stained wood would make a decorating come back some day or maybe I had a twisted idea of selling it in a yardsale where all the rednecks would come out and ooo and aaahhh over it, LOL who knows why I kept it all these years as I'm pretty certain I purchased it around 1992 but hey, it's time for a make over! The stained frame has to go!






Amazing what a bit of black paint can do huh? And don't you just love rub on's? For the outdated country blue mat I used a bit of craft paint on a sponge brush, I don't think you're supposed to paint mats...so don't tell on me! Hmmm, this is definitely an improvement but still needs a little more though, what would The Nester do? She'd add some ribbon and a bird of course! So a bit more digging thru the stash...


And here she is all finished and beribboned!

Loving the little bird...

Had to make a mad dash thru the house after

hot gluing it to the frame, I pulled it right back

off and went in seach of a bit of spanish moss...

no harm done, the glue was still warm..

LOL

I'm really digging how this looks hanging in my craft space!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sweet comments.It's beautiful people like you that make me want to keep on bloggin'... I love your little frame creation. I had those same blues in my house back when. Thank you for sharing that idea with the rubs ons... Would have never thought about using them in such a way. H L is lucky to have you! Susie H~

Marianne said...

That looks very nice! What are rubs ons? Are that the letters? Are they some kind of stickers? Because I love the fonts you used and I was wondering how you did that.
Greetings, M

aimee said...

What an awesome makeover!! I love it!

Free Art Printables said...

This is so cute! You are so talented ! Jen R