Saturday, June 28, 2008

Easy Diamonds



I love making these! It's one of my new favorite crafty things, lol I have one in my kitchen for holding special notes and things. This one actually was made for a close friend's birthday. They're simple to do and lucky for me use materials I have in my stash. Doesn't everyone have a collection of cast off old empty frames? lol Even the diamond pattern isn't hard as I've figured out a really simple way to get it right every time regardless of frame size!

I bet everyone knows how to make these already so I'll focus on explaining how to do the easy peasy method for the diamond grid pattern. Here's what I do, I find the middle mark on each side and stick a straight pin in that spot to mark it. I lay my ribbon pieces out first going from corner to opposite corner, meaning top left to bottom right, top right to bottom left. Then I lay a piece from middle left to bottom middle, middle right to bottom middle, middle left to middle top, middle top to middle right... Got it? Easy peasy I tell you! Try it next time, I bet you'll agree. Here's a closer view... Psst... I'm not a huge matchy matchy kind of girl!



So whaddya think? Kind of cute huh? Well my friend loved it! I have to wonder though if she's managed to hang it up yet, lol, but that's another blog for another day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are one crafty woman. The diamonds are perfect!... My friends made me one years ago and I cherish it . I love how you use the little flowers ,great touch. I'd be proud to show that sweet thing off! You Go Girl! Susie H~

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

You did a great job! I like your repurposing of the frame in your previous post, too.

~ Sarah

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hey Kitty, thanks for visting my blog so nice that you stopped by! You sure are a great crafty lady, I love the grid I bought Sydney one when she was about 3 for her bedroom, pink gingham and white ribbon. Michele has it with photos stuck in it of Syd and all of her relations, so cute.
I have to start at the beginning of your blog, seems to be a really great one!

*Rondell*

kari and kijsa said...

That is so pretty! Love the color combination!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

kari and kijsa said...

That is so pretty! Love the color combination!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Unknown said...

Guess where Im headed to tommorow? Yep, Hobby Lobby. I wish you worked closer to me. We could get into some fun... Smiles, Susie h~

emily freeman said...

I love love this board! How beautiful it is...you did such a great job. And your employee discount is oh-so-very tempting! If The NEster comes to redo and mistreat your house, as you requested, I could come too and hold the hammer for her...or should I say the high heel shoe :)

Kitty Scraps said...

Oh Em, you SO totally would HAVE to come, the invite was for BOTH! I love your style as much as I love your big sis' style. And I'd get to pick your brain for photography tips cause girl you rawk!

Dear Susie, oh my word! I'd love to shop with you at the Lobby! I have to do all my treasure bargain hunting by myself (sniffles) imagine having a partner in crime .. err I meant to type fun! LOL

Unknown said...

Ok Miss Kitty.. We need a new post here cause people are going to start thinking Im stalking ya, smile... I think the banner would be cute in paper too. If you make one show us please. I know you will put a cute spin on it... like those cute covered buttons on your memo board. You rock girlfriend! Susie H~

Nicole said...

I love how you put your memo board in a frame. It looks great and I really like the colors you used.