Friday, September 19, 2008

Hi Ya'll

OK just a quick note to say that I miss ya'll so much! You can't imagine the withdrawal I'm suffering from, withdrawal from my family & friends, my sewing machine, sunshine, free time, computer time, crafting time, you name and I'm suffering from missing it. I am not suffering from lack of working hours though spent on my feet *sigh* But I'm learning a lot and have met some interesting people. No tree fluffing though, maybe this weekend *fingers crossed*

And I learned the future of the road teams is short, seems corporate is trying to put together a permanent team based out of OKC that will fly into a Lobby-less town at a moment's notice to put a store together and as I've no interest in relocating or being on the road 10 months of the year, I'm going to just be thankful for this opportunity to see how it all works.

Do you think my sewing machine will remember me?

Hope ya'll have a wonderfully blessed weekend... I have heard a rumor that I may be headed home sometime Thursday or Friday.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, now come on you DO want to relocate to OKC don't ya....then we could go shop together....lol

I am sure you are dead tired each night after standing all day. Glad you are getting it all done and will be home sometime soon.

I miss your daily visits but I loved it when your smiling face made an appearance on my blog comments while you have been gone. Don't work too hard and we will talk to ya later.

Oh, all your crafts and sewing machine will definitely still remember you....

Blogger said...

My dh just left for Iowa today...so I can relate to the other side of it.

Hope time is flying by for you:)

Can't wait til you're 'back'!!!

Bella :)

Missy Wertz said...

I am glad that you are enjoying it. Sounds like a lot of fun. I know it is a lot of work. I have been in retail. Long hours on your feet.

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

oliveoyl64 said...

I worked for HL in 1993 and set the FIRST one in Tx. I worked in jewelry for 5 months and then they sent me to open two new stores and had me set needlework. The area mgr. gave me the "book" and said, "here, you have 3 days to learn the dept.". I love a challenge and so I did.

Each store was a 14 day set up and I only came home for 24 hours in between. It was an interesting, exhausting experience.

Oh,I discovered while on the 24 hour leave that I was PREGNANT. It was fun doing the second set with morning sickness ALL DAY LONG. I was so ready to come home after that set that I paid to fly home.

I hope you have a great adventure and have some crazy stories to tell.

The Berry's Patch said...

What a fun opportunity. I hope your enjoying it. You'll get some much needed rest soon. :-)

My First Kitchen said...

Hang in there! Keep enjoying this new venture, and I'm sure your sewing machine will remember you. The reunion will be beautiful. :)