Monday, September 8, 2008

Copy Cat Rag Garland

Darlene of Darlene's Days made a cute rag garland and posted a great tutorial on it. I also made one of these in very miniature form last year for my kitchen island Christmas tree but it wasn't nearly as full as the one Darlene made and I'm attempting to make. It's not finished, most likely won't be finished for a few weeks yet with my grand adventure looming on the horizon but I wanted to post this so Darlene could see I really am working on it *smiles*


Here's my cute fabric I bought to get me started, of course an iced cafe mocha helps the process tremendeously! Darlene failed to mention that part but I figured it out *giggles*


I moved from my dining room to my craft room so my table could go back to looking like this before I depart for Statesboro GA.

For shame my work area in my craft space is a disgrace.


Yikes! How can anyone work in this mess?


My dear sweet very own Mr Darcy drilled some holes in my letters for me. Too bad I haven't managed to paint them yet.

And here's a peek at my rag garland in process. I got to diggin' thru my stash and found some other fabric and trim bits to add to it. Can't wait to show it off when it's finally finished! Thanks Darlene for a great tutorial!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

Ooooo I LOVE it!!! It is looking WONDERFUL!!!! Love your crafting area...wish I had one!! Funny, funny, but I was working on FALL letters this weekend....they aren't through yet, but they will be within the next day or two! Great minds think alike...huh!!! lol

Shannon said...

Oh, I bet this is going to look good! Can't wait to see it!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I am going to try this also! Im so excited! :)

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Rag garlands are so cute!! Cut your strips and then sit down in front of the tv while you tie them on--it'll make the time pass faster!

~ Sarah

The Berry's Patch said...

If I had a craft room, it would look just like that.lol I'm kicking myself b/c I didn't save all the fabric my MIL gave me. I had tons of it for every season. I could have made these rag garlands. They are so adorable. Have fun in Statesbor! :-)

Blogger said...

Can't wait to see the finished project! I keep my dining room table all set and pretty now, too, it keeps me from dropping my mail there...which then accumulates and competes with your craft room ;) Actually that the beauty of having a craft room, you can close the door! lol I don't have one, so I have baskets of things stashed all over the house.

Bella

Blogger said...

PS: Are you going to GA for work, for the Christmas trees?

Darlene said...

When are you actually leaving and how long do you think you will be gone? I'll miss your sweet comments while you are away. Maybe you could sneak to the area library and come visit occasionally.......

Your Dollar Tree may already be out of the crows. Mine is already and they are putting more Christmas stuff out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Kitty. Boy have I got some catching up to do! I cant wait to see what you have been up to! Looks like with all of that craft stuff you will be busy for some time..... Miss you!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Beautiful! Hey spray paint those letters and save yourself some time! Can't wait to see the project as it is completed. My scrap and craft area looks very much like yours. Start one project and then move on to another. Woops, where's the maid?
Blessings
Debbie (maid, mother, picker upper)

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished garland, and wow a buggy full of clearance for $10.00. That must have been fun! Jackie

Decor To Adore said...

I can't wait to see the finished project.