Monday, November 24, 2008

Sideboard

My sideboard is all cleaned, wood filled, sanded and ready to be prime coated! I'm so excited but my dear sweet Mr Darcy suggested I wait till after Thanksigiving before tackling the painting. I think he's afraid he won't get his huge feast lest I'm still painting. So I'm reluctantly going to wait till after Thanksgiving to finish it. In the meanwhile though I thought about buying some of these to cover with the red silk fabric that's on the bottom of my dining room window treatment, what do you think?

I scored a pair of buffet lamps in a yard sale up in Lake Lure for $4 !!! But they were without shades and sometimes you can spend way too much replacing shades. You know how I love a bargain and I can get these for $6.99 a piece then 50% off plus my discount so I end up with two for less than the price of one. I can't go wrong right?

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Hey girl,
Sounds like you have already done a lot of work on the sideboard! I am so ready for my big turkey dinner...YUMMY!

I don't think you could go wrong with those lamp shades. I can't wait to see them covered with the fabric. Once you do it I want to know if it really is as easy as people say.

Sounds like your little Indy is fitting right into your home too. I hope our tree survives it.

Thistledew Farm said...

Good Morning Kitty,
I have used the stick lampshades and it works great. I decorated one really crazy for my daughter...she's into hawaiian with loud colors and flowers. It was really fun and she was able to help also. I think it might be a challenge to get the fabric to be bubble free - but I think the sticky is forgiving....measure twice or twelve times in my case. Maybe do a pattern first and then cut....

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Girl, I am joining you in white trash land! LOLOL! Actually I am finally coming out of it, now that the contractors are done! I still have a huge kennel and old pots on the back porch, but the toilet on the front porch is gone! LOL! So don't feel bad at all about that buffet. Sounds like it is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see it finished! ...and the lampshades, they will be fabulous!

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Lorrie said...

Sounds like the sideboard is coming right along--you must feel so good about that! Love the lampshades and can't wait to see them covered!

The Berry's Patch said...

I've seen these lamp shades at HL. I can't wait to see what you do with them. Happy Thanksgiving!

Daphine said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just Between Us Girls said...

Hello Kitty,
OOOh the shades are great and I am all about saving money today on decorating. I love the idea of co ordinating the shades with the drapes. Great. Your blog is super. Thanks for sharing.
Pat